This week’s highlights
* In Science this week we started investigating our worms. We learned about the parts of them and compared the earthworms with red worms, which are much smaller.
* In Math we finished looking at ways to make numbers. Next are starting to compose and decompose numbers 11-19, this means showing that they are made of ten + another number.
* We went and performed our readers theater plays for the 1st, 2nd or 3rd graders. They were very impressed with how well the kindergarteners are reading!
Continue the learning at home
Please continue working with your child on reading their “Book-in-a-Bag” books. Those that have reached 50 books have been pleased to choose a prize from the treasure chest and those that have reached 75 get to choose a book to keep.
Coming up next week
* We will be looking at consonant blends. Students may bring something for sharing that starts with cl, fl, tr or fr on Monday or Tuesday.
* Our library services are beginning to wind down. All school library books must be returned by June 6th.
* Next week is our 1st Grade Readiness testing. Please make sure your child has a good breakfast and is at school on time. We will be testing for about 60 minutes first thing each morning with breaks every 15-20 minutes. If they are late they will need to make up the test at recess time.
Snack Mon/Wed: Joran Schmeusser
Snack Tues/Thurs: Elizabeth Pegoraro
Things to note
* Students are coming home today with the permission slip for our Science Field Trip and Picnic on June 7th. Everyone will need a sack lunch, and we have lots of space for chaperones, so anyone that would like to come is welcome, including siblings.
* Both classes will attend school on June 10th, 11th and 12th.
Place on your calendar
17 Kindergarten’s 100th day of school
20-23 1st Grade Readiness Testing
21 Calendar Input meeting 6 pm
22 Capital Project - Planning meeting 6 pm
24-27 Memorial Day Holiday – No School
28 PTSO Meeting 6 pm
School Board Meeting 7 pm
31 PTSO Walk-a-Thon
6 Reese’s Birthday
7 Science Field trip and picnic
11 Field Day
12 Last Day of School (early release)