This week’s highlights
* In Math we have learned how to read, count and write the numbers 4 and 5. We have been playing games that help with our counting and number writing.
* We finish our alphabet preview with the letters Aa, Ii, Tt, Ss & Jj.
* In Social Studies we finished our books about “Me, My Family and My Friends.” On Friday, we shared our books with our book buddies and Mrs. Combs is going to show them to our families at conferences.
* On Friday we started our kindergarten timelines, we will use it to record important events each month of the school year.
* Today our first community helpers came to visit. It was the fire truck with fire fighters. We got to see all the equipment and then a firefighter put on his firefighting gear to show us what we might see if a firefighter was coming to rescue us.
Continue the learning at home
No Story Retell today as we went home early.
This week we learned to play “Grab and Count” in math. For this game each player grabs a handful of items and records how many using numbers, drawn counters and tally marks.
Coming up next week
* We will be reviewing our alphabet before we start learning about individual letters.
* We will be continuing our next social studies unit on Community Helpers. Our Community Helpers unit includes jobs like police officers, firefighters, postal workers, soldiers, doctors and nurses. If you know someone who works in those or related fields and might like to share about their job with the class, please let me know.
* Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will be early release for conferences. Kindergarten students do not have to attend conferences, if you need to bring your child that is fine but it’s not required. If you have forgotten your conference time you can call the office and check. If something comes up and you will not be able to make your conference time please call and let me know so we can reschedule.
Snack: Lauren Roberts
Things to note
* Permission slips for the field trip to the pumpkin patch are coming home today. Siblings can attend this field trip at the same cost as students.
Place on your calendar
14-16 Fall Conferences – Early Release 11:30
16 FT Vancouver Regional Library Storytime 9:30 am
22 GMS Library
23 Field Trip to the Pumpkin Patch
24 Fall Carnival 4-7 pm
30 Costume Parade