This week’s highlights
* This week we had a and a book about dogs from last week in our sharing basket.
* In Science we are looking at how paper is made and used. We did a weaving project, made recycled paper and next we will use newspaper to make a bowl.
* We had our Math assessment on the unit “Numbers to 100.” Many students had trouble with estimating about how many there are in the group. You can practice at home by looking at groups of objects and estimate if the group has fewer than ten, about 10, more than ten, about 20 or about 30.
* We continue to work hard practicing reading our Dr. Seuss books as we prepare to go and read to the third graders.
* Most students took a new MobyMax math placement test and moved up 2-3 levels in Math. Remember your child can access MobyMax at home for extra practice. Their username is their first name and the password is k.
* Thank you to everyone that sent special snacks for our Valentine’s Day celebration.
Continue the learning at home
No story retell because of the short week.
At a recent class I was shown a new website with some great educational activities. You and your child can try it out at: http://www.internet4classrooms.com/month2month.htm
Coming up next week
* Next week’s letter will be Kk, students may bring an item for sharing on Tuesday. The new sight words will be “little” and “have”.
* We will be doing some dental health activities for dental health month.
* In Math we are starting our unit on Addition
Snack: Joseph Piper
Things to note
* Our next Science kit Animals 2 by 2 will begin right after Spring Break. One of the fun activities we can do with the kit is watch frog eggs hatch and the tadpoles grow. For the frogs to be ready for new homes when school lets out we need to start them before the break. If you have a pond or other source for frog eggs you would be willing to share please let me know. Thanks!!
Place on your calendar
13-16 President’s Day Weekend – NO SCHOOL
14th Valentine’s Day
24th PTSO Meeting 6 pm
School Board Meeting 7 pm
2 Dr. Seuss’s B-day
Read Across America Day
6 End of 2nd trimester
8th Daylight Savings time begins
13 Early Release – Teacher In Service
18-20 Spring Conferences