This week’s highlights
* We all enjoyed our Veteran’s Day Holiday on Tuesday and the early out and late start for weather.
* Our sharing basket held a frog, a picture of a fish, a French fry and a fire flame.
* We finished our unit on comparing and ordering numbers through 10. We have also been using ordinal numbers to count on the calendar.
* As part of our Community Helpers unit, we learned about Veteran’s and members of the military.
* We had a guest teacher Monday afternoon, while Mrs. Combs was gone.
Continue the learning at home
Your child is coming home with a new “Book in a Bag” book today. Unlike previous books this is a book they have not already read in class. This means they may have more or less trouble than they have had in the past. I would appreciate any comments you can share and will use them to adjust what your child is bringing home. If you have lost your child’s “Book in a Bag” envelope, please send a note to school and we will make your child a new envelope.
Story Retell – “Ten in the Bed”
There was a little boy with ten stuffed animals in his bed and he knocked them out 1 by 1 and they went to the kitchen to have a snack. When he was all alone, they came back and joined him, ten in the bed all fast asleep. We then made ten bears in a bed, so we could count them down together.
Coming up next week
* Our letter of the week for the next week will be Aa. Students may bring an item starting with the letter Aa to share on Monday or Tuesday of next week.
* Deputy Bowden will be coming to visit and share with us what police officers do on Friday.
Snack: Elin Schmeusser
Things to note
* The School and Community Thanksgiving Feast is November 25th. We eat at 11:20, and families are invited to attend. The dinner costs $2.50 per person, please send money if your child will be attending, thanks.
* During the next two weeks we will be starting trimester assessments. It’s hard to believe the year is almost 1/3 over already.
* Please be aware that if the sun is shining the kids will be outside for recess, even if it is cold. Please send warm coats, hats and gloves on very cold days.
Place on your calendar
19th Vision Screening
28th PTSO Meeting 6pm
School Board Meeting 7 pm
21st End of 1st Trimester
25th Community Thanksgiving Dinner
26-28th Thanksgiving Break
27th Cheyenne’s birthday
2-4th Christmas Wishes
5th Teacher In Service Early Release
12th Report Cards come home
18th Aila’s birthday
Christmas Program 7 pm
20th Brady’s birthday