This week’s highlights
* We started working on our songs for the Christmas Program.
* In Math we started our unit on identifying Shapes. We started with an ActiVote quiz with our “eggs.”
* We finished our unit on Community Helpers and wrote thank you notes to the people that came to visit us.
* We learned about the pilgrims and the first Thanksgiving.
Coming up next week
* The week’s letter is Cc, students may bring items to share that start with the letter P on Tuesday. Please check to make sure what your child brings is appropriate. Other than sharing students are not allowed to bring toys to school. Our new sight words will be “run” and “is.”
* We will be making our gingerbread men and bringing them home to decorate. Please help your child complete their gingerbread man to match your family’s Christmas Traditions.
Snack: Jenaya Ek
Things to note
* Christmas Wishes is a opportunity for students to shop for small gifts for members of their family for Christmas. The kindergarten class will send students who have money to go shopping on Thursday and Friday. Please be aware that the later in the week they bring money the fewer selections there are. If you want to help your child with their shopping you are welcome to come in and help them at lunch recess.
Wishing your family
a restful break and
a Thanksgiving of blessings
Place on your calendar
25th Community Thanksgiving Dinner
PTSO Meeting 6pm
School Board Meeting 7 pm
26-28th Thanksgiving Break
4-5th Christmas Wishes
5th Teacher In Service Early Release
12th Report Cards come home
18th Aila’s birthday
Christmas Program 7 pm
20th Brady’s birthday
31st Jenaya’s birthday