This week’s highlights
* This week we had a jump rope, a box of Jello, and some jets in our sharing basket.
* We started our unit on Nutrition by learning about fruits, vegetables, and grains next we will learn about the other food groups.
* We have been working on Subtraction in Math. We have looked at subtraction as the difference between 2 groups and as taking some away from a group.
* We had fun celebrating Minions day and made our own little minions.
* For Art we drew shapes with black crayons and then filled the spaces with watercolors.
Continue the learning at home
No Story retell this week as we went home early today so Mrs. Combs could work on report cards and conference reports.
We had more reading awards today. Most students are doing very well with their at home reading!!
Coming up next week
* New sight words for the week will be “come”, “play” and “seven”. Our letter will be Vv, students may bring a sharing item that begins with Vv on Tuesday.
* We will be finishing up our trimester testing. So far everyone has been doing their best.
Snack: Lilli Morrison
Things to note
* The trimester ended last Friday and report cards will be given out at conferences.
* A few conference times still need to be confirmed. If you forget your schedule time, the office has a copy and can let you know. I look forward to seeing all of you next week.
* Thank you to Ruby in the 1st grade who brought in tadpoles. They are currently in Mrs. Kimball’s classroom but will be joining us soon.
Place on your calendar
13th Early Release – Teacher In Service
18-20 Spring Conferences – Early Release
20th Lilli’s Birthday
24th PTSO Meeting 6:00 pm
School Board Meeting 7:00 pm
3 Spring Showcase 6:30
7-11 Spring Break