This week’s highlights
* This week we had an octopus, and 3 oranges in our sharing basket.
* For Art we made a paper daffodils.
* We started subtraction in Math. We have looked at how subtraction can be taking away from a group of objects or the difference when comparing two groups.
* We finished our unit on Trees, Wood and Paper. Next week we will start a unit on Nutrition and healthy foods.
* Most students took a new MobyMax math placement test and moved up 2-3 levels in Math. Remember your child can access MobyMax at home for extra practice. Their username is their first name and last initial; the password is their 4 digit lunch number.
* Today we celebrated filling our button jar (for working quietly), our good report from last week’s guest teacher and our cupcake and rootbeer float party for winning the box tops for education contest.
Continue the learning at home
No story retell because of the short day on Friday.
Coming up next week
* We will be finishing testing and assessment for second trimester report cards and conferences. Please make sure your child is at school unless they are ill as they miss even more when they have to be pulled out to make up the tests they have missed.
* Our letters of the week will be Jj and Xx, students may bring sharing on Tuesday. New sight words will be “said,” “good,” “was,” “then,” “ate,” and “could”. We are discovering some of our sight words are words we learned from our Dr. Seuss books.
* Remember conferences are next week and students are released at 11:30. We will have snack in the morning because their lunch will be later than 11:30.
* Because of the early release on Friday, Ft Vancouver Regional library story time will be at 9:30. Please remember students who will be in kindergarten next year are invited to join us for story time.
Snack: Mariah Daugherty
Things to note
* Some of you are receiving a new copy of your conference slip if I have not received it back yet. If your conference time does not work please call so we can schedule a different time.
* Trimester 2 report cards will be given out as part of conferences.
Place on your calendar
8th Daylight Savings time begins
13th Early Release – Teacher In Service
18-20 Spring Conferences – Early Release
23rd Hailey’s Birthday
24th PTSO Meeting 6:00 pm
School Board Meeting 7:00 pm
31st Silas’ Birthday